I founded Material Rebellion on the belief that every human being is creative. Workshops are an opportunity to awaken the creativity within and give voice to people who haven't yet realized that they are artists in their own right.
People often think of fabric banners as a vehicle for protest and political expression, but really, they lend themselves to any type of expression -- they can even have no words at all! The possibilities are as infinite as the imaginations of the makers. Using simple tools and materials, even folks with no experience in the creative realm can make lasting and beautiful expressions of love, frustration, hope or resistance.
My banner workshops:
- use only reclaimed materials;
- provide flexible formats for you or your organization's needs - one session or a series of sessions;
- are easily adjusted to meet participants at their skill level;
- provide support, fun and inspiration;
- educate and empower participants around textile waste issues.